Registration for the Nairobi Summit is now open
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in Cairo, where 179 governments adopted a landmark Programme of Action which set out to empower women and girls for their sake, and for the benefit of
their families, communities and nations.
Heads of state, ministers, parliamentarians, technical experts, civil society representatives, private sector partners, faith-based leaders, youth leaders, advocates and many others will be in attendance. Join them and lend your voice to the programme.
The Summit will take an integrated approach, covering five themes and highlighting the power of gender equality, youth leadership, political and community leadership, innovation and data, and partnerships to accelerate progress throughout.
The themes are:
- Universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights as a part of universal health coverage.
- Financing required to complete the ICPD. Programme of Action, and to sustain the gains made.
- Drawing on demographic diversity to drive economic growth and achieve sustainable development.
- Ending gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- Upholding the right to sexual and reproductive health care even in humanitarian and fragile contexts.