04 Feb 2019
PITCH Policy Summit – Call for Consultants
PITCH is a five-year programme based on a global Theory of Change which focuses on 9 countries (Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam and Zimbabwe), two regions (Southern Africa and Eastern Europe/Central Asia) and global policy, and works with four most affected communities (sex workers, people who use drugs, men who have sex with men and transgender people, and adolescent girls and young women).
PITCH is a strategic partnership between Aidsfonds, the International HIV/AIDS Alliance and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs working with those most affected by HIV in enabling these groups to transform (inter)national HIV responses by strengthening their advocacy skills and capacities and promoting innovative evidence-informed practice.
For five years (2016-20), these partners will jointly work towards ending the AIDS epidemic in the regions and countries most affected by HIV through an inclusive, in-country, in-depth approach to international lobby and advocacy. The goals of PITCH are:
- Equal access to HIV-related services
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights for those most affected
- Equal and full rights for key populations
- Strong civil society organisations are successful HIV advocates.
PITCH seeks to organise a Policy Summit for its partners from different levels of the programme to share knowledge and experience, and build capacity on, financing for the HIV response and on human rights. In addition, the summit will focus on key opportunities for joint initiatives and joint action in 2019 and 2020 to ensure a sustainable and lasting impact.
The PITCH Policy Summit will take place on 27-28 March 2019 in Kyiv (Ukraine), and will focus on Ensuring the sustainability of the HIV and AIDS response in the SDG era. There will be 45 participants representing country, regional and global streams of work within the PITCH programme.
The specific objectives for this meeting include:
- Identify opportunities to ensure increased international financing for health
- Strengthen capacity around domestic resource mobilization: budget tracking and domestic financing mechanisms for health
- In-depth discussion around the integration of HIV services into UHC in country and coordinate efforts for the UHC HLM
- Investing in communities: Ideas for collaboration to increase political and financial support to community responses to health
- PITCH contribution to broaden the civil society space in the context of HIV
3. Scope of work
To support the Policy Summit, PITCH is looking for a consultant/pair of consultants to facilitate the two days of the Policy Summit.
The consultant(s) will:
- Co-design the Policy Summit in close cooperation with the committee with regard to the format, content, and facilitation of the event;
- Moderate the presentations for the sessions at the Policy Summit. Participants will have access to the materials prior to the event;
- (Co-)Facilitate the Policy Summit, including summarising key outputs captured from earlier sessions;
We expect to use participatory methodologies and have sessions that are tailored to the key populations of the programme. This may require parallel sessions and flexibility to adapt the methodologies as well as the agenda.
The logistics will be arranged by the PITCH Secretariat in close coordination with the committee and guided by the selected consultant.
4. Experience and skills
- Strong facilitation skills, and able to work with a co-facilitator if appropriate
- Strong expertise in community policy and advocacy in the context of health;
- High level understanding of the AIDS response, and current political trends impacting the AIDS response an asset
- Knowledge of international development aid movements
- Experience working with the key populations of PITCH (sex workers, people who use drugs, LGBT and adolescent girls and young women);
- Flexibility and experience working with participants from different cultural backgrounds and languages;
- English is required. Knowledge of Bahasa, Burmese, Portuguese, Russian and/or Ukrainian would be an asset.
People from the Global South, people of colour, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Budgets should be submitted in Euros. The maximum available budget for this call for consultants is up to €2000. Tickets will be provided for. Please note that a visa to Ukraine can take up to 30 days to obtain.
CVs, letters of interest, including budgets are due by 5:30pm (GMT+1) on 6 February 2019. They should be submitted to email@example.com.
Below is the timeline of the process:
|29 January||Sharing of call for consultants|
|6 February||Deadline for submission of letters of interest/CV/budget|
|8 February||Selection of consultant|
|11 February||Start of consultancy|
|8 March||Finalisation of content / format / presentations for facilitation|
|27-28 March||PITCH Policy Summit|