28 Aug 2019
VACANCY: Training Officer – Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
1.5 year fixed term contract ending 31 March 2021
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) wishes to appoint suitably qualified individual to serve as a Training Officer. The Training Officer will work closely with AFSA’s SRHR team and programme partners to identify and respond to the training needs of the Sex Rights Africa Network (SRAN) members and CSOs serving as Country Focal Points in selected countries in eastern and southern Africa. The Training Officer will be responsible for developing and customising training material and courses for both face to face and online training platforms.
There is one position available in Durban based at the organization’s head office. Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment and be able to travel as per job requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing and updating of training material
- Identification of gaps in training material and research of new information for the purposes of improving training material
- Design/ adapt training material for the online training platform
Preparation and planning of face to face and online training courses
- Consult with programme partners, AFSA SRHR team to schedule training for SRAN members and stakeholders
- Coordinate face to face and online training
- Schedule and moderate sessions on Moodle/ online learning platform
- Provide technical support to SRAN members and Country focal offices for online training
Data collection & analysis
- Maintain records and reports on training data
- Participation in review and interpretation of data analysis for reporting, learning and improvement
- Compile training reports after each training course offered highlighting achievements and challenges
- Produce different report formats for dissemination in various platforms
- Bachelors degree. A post-graduate degree or equivalent will be an added advantage
- 3+ years’ training experience in the field of human rights or health related issues
- Knowledge and experience of developing for face to face & online training material for diverse audiences.
- Experience in moderating training on on-line platforms such as Moodle
- Knowledge of sexual & reproductive health rights and related policies and strategies at national and regional levels
- Experience in developing a comprehensive training and mentoring plan
- Strong interest in social justice and human rights issues
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders Computer literate with using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Database management
- Driver’s license with a minimum of two years driving experience
- Extensive experience in curriculum and materials development with a strong focus on human rights, HIV and sexual and reproductive health rights
- Competence in Portuguese or Swahili will be an added advantage.
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV (no more than 4 pages), along with cover letter and copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “Training Officer – SRHR” in the subject line via emails to the AIDS Foundation of South Africa email@example.com no later than the 31 August 2019.
Candidates who have not been contacted by 15 September 2019 may assume that they have not been successful in their application.
Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment.