Vacancy: Administration and Logistics Officer-SRHR.
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
February 2021 - March 2021
R10 000 PM
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Programme manages the Sex Rights Africa Network which is an open association of SRHR practitioners. SRAN exists to share evidence and strengthen advocacy and action to realise SRHR for all in Southern Africa and globally. The www.sexrightsafrica.net platform is managed by the AIDS Foundation of South Africa and supported by the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, Zambia. It also hosts Trainers Lab (www.trainerslab.net), a global hub for SRHR trainers, supported by Aidsfonds in the Netherlands.
AFSA wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to fill the role of Administrator (Logistics). The position will be based at the Organisation’s Head Office in Durban and will be for a fixed term period of 2 months.
Purpose of job:
- The Administration and Logistics Officer is responsible for the provision of programme administration support and to assist with logistics for travel, meetings and/or conferences. In addition, the Administration and Logistics Officer will be responsible for maintaining the SRHR/SRAN database of Network members in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Carry out the SRHR Department’s administrative functions e.g. faxing, typing of minutes and related documents, filing and support the team members with related administrative needs
- Disseminate information and notices to partner organisations and network members
- Updating the programme expenditure schedule and report to ensure close to accurate budget monitoring/ tracking
- Creating and maintaining a Departmental database for beneficiaries of interventions
- Submit monthly budget tracking reports (7th of every month)
- Liaise with the SRHR Team regarding all logistical issues
- Send reminders to programme partners regarding capturing / submission of reports and any other information required (TBC)
- Send reminders to the SRHR Team regarding submission of workplans, timesheets, receipts/cash recons and site visit reports
- Liaise with Finance Department regarding payments to suppliers, contractors and service providers
- Assist the team with the organisation of workshops and conferences by arranging bookings, venues, accommodation, stationary, transport and any other related logistical matter
- Process procurement requests as per AFSA procedures
- Liaise procurement section and suppliers/service providers
- Liaise with suppliers for quotations and confirmation of purchase orders
- Assist SRHR / SRAN Members and sub grantees with procurement of services for programme implementation
- Liaise with relevant agencies and service providers for logistics and travel arrangements for SRHR team
Required qualifications, skills & experience:
- National Senior Certificate, A-Levels and or Grade 12 equivalent. Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Experience with administration and logistics
- Experience working on Pastel Evolution for procurement requisitions and purchase order generation essential
- Experience in working with stakeholders and service providers
- Advanced skill in Excel or similar
- Ability to plan and organise time effectively
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Previous work experience in similar position
- Planning and Time management
- Decision making / Problem Solving
- Team working skills
IMPORTANT: Interested persons must only submit a 2-page CV (showing qualifications & work experience) and a cover letter. Only bring these documents when invited for interview: certified copies of identity document and certificates, driver’s licence and contact details of 3 referees.
Submit application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 25 January 2021 & subject line must have relevant reference: “Administration and Logistics Officer-SRHR”. Please note that applications received after this date or with incorrect reference will be disqualified. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
Candidates who fail to submit the additional documents, on the day of the interview, will be disqualified and not interviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us within a period of one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and /or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment process.